22 August 2013

Questions Without Answers

I have a bunch of questions that I have no answers to. Well, I will answer them. But I'm interested to see what everyone here thinks! So as a result, I will list these questions -- twenty five of them -- and see what you, readers and lurkers, think are the answers. I'd love to hear everyone's answers! You don't have to answer every question, just the ones you like. Or whatever. I will post my answers soon.


Is this the real life? Or rather: Is this just fantasy?

Here's a personal favorite: Dear Sir or Madam, will you read my book?

A bit too close to home: How many roads does a man walk down before you can call him a man?

Saddening: All the lonely people - where do they come from?

One Harry Potter might like: Do you believe in magic?

Ooh, this one's cold: How does it feel to be on your own, to be without a home, like a complete unknown, like a rolling stone?

I might have covered this back in an April post... Will you still love me, when I'm no longer young and beautiful? 

Nice answer to this one: How could you leave on Yom Kippur?

If this is what I call home then why do I feel so alone?

Haunting one: Is it in your genes?

Don't think too wrong of this one: "Come on girls, are you ready to play?"

Why don't you do right, get me some money too?

Every relationship partner's fear: Do you know what it feels like to be the last one to know the lock on the door has changed?

One that is perhaps too not like me: Would you dance, if you asked me to dance? 

Every capitalist's nightmare: What about all the things that you said we were to gain?

Oh, who would ever want to be king?

No Walking Dead references here...or is there: Am I a dead man now, living with the pain?

Sort of coincides with the above: Is it over yet, will I ever feel again?

He was a boy, she was a girl, can I make it any more obvious?

Secret message in this one: If you see Kay, will you tell her I love her?

Very true one here: How many special people change, how many lives are living strange?

Could it be that we have been this way before?

Haunting: Is your conscience all right, does it plague you at night?

Too mystical for my tastes: Did you make it to the Milky Way and see the lights all faded, and that Heaven is overrated?

What in the world does your company take me for?

And the most ominous one of all, with shades of Sara Teasdale... If we dissolved without a trace, would the real world even care?


All of these songs are personal favorites of mine and make up a substantial part of my personal, secret playlist. Or did. Bonus points if you guess which songs they are, with singers of course. 

-Rob

1 comment:

  1. “All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.” –Max Beerbohm

    Flammable books are not accepted for consideration and will be incinerated immediately.

    Depends on where he’s walking.

    “All great and precious things are lonely.” –John Steinbeck

    “Magic is just science we don’t understand yet.” –Thor

    Very dizzy.

    If you still need me, if you still feed me when I’m sixty-four.

    Simple: Open the door, go through it, close the door.

    You’re single.

    “We are all victims of our own gene pool. Someone must have peed in yours.” –Walter

    “Girls just wanna have fun.” –Cyndi Lauper

    “You are a bum.” –Princess Elizabeth

    “Wet.” –Rain Man

    “Jazz, not so much, but dancing? Sure.” –Olivia

    “It’s only after we’ve lost everything we’re free to do anything.” –Chuck Palahniuk

    “Oh, I just can’t wait to be king!” –Simba

    “And that’s the story of our corpse bride.” –Bonejangles

    “Ease up. Wait between lashes. Otherwise, the old sting will dull him to the new.” –Frollo

    “A visual image is a simple thing, a picture that enters the eyes.” –Roy H. Williams
    “No.” –Grumpy Cat

    “Yay, I’m a llama again!” –Kuzco

    Yes.

    “I don’t have to feel okay to be okay.” –Eleventyseven

    “Summit the sunset, dovetail the dragnet, and blow your backbone to bits.” –Adam Young

    An idiot.

    “Because I knew you I have been changed for good.” –Wicked

    ReplyDelete